ICAM Fellowships for junior US scientists to participate in EINC2013.
The NSF funded, Institute for Complex Adaptive Matter (ICAM) has approved a US$ 10,000 Junior Block Travel Award to support junior US scientists.
Five US$ 2,000 grants will be awarded as a partial support to participate in the Conference. Please note that a Registration Conference Fee of US$ 650 for graduate students or US$ 850 for Postdocs and Assistants Professors is required from all participants.
The applications from Junior Scientists should be sent to Prof. Miguel Kiwi (firstname.lastname@example.org). A deadline for the reception of the applications is April 4, 2013.
They must contain the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short note why you are interested in this Conference.
- A short abstract of a poster to be presented at the Conference.
The junior scientists are expected to participate in the following activities:
- Poster sessions.
- 5 minute oral presentation advertising the poster
- Daily round table with senior scientists about technical issues, international science and jobs situation.
- Out reach competition. “Explain Science in less than 3 minutes”.
- Develop some form of an activity; song, Power Point, movie, poem, etc to illustrate a complex science concepts to a lay audience. Judged by a non-scientific panel chosen from the companions. Prizes given for the best outreach activity.